Getting Cozy, why I curl up with a paperback book in my hand
I like reading because…
- It allows me to go on adventures.
- I am bound to learn something new.
- It exposes me to different cultures, and ideas.
- I get to experience the world from a different perspective.
- It allows me to use my imagination.
- It sparks my creativity.
- It’s the fastest way to travel.
- I build my vocabulary naturally.
- It means getting cozy, and warm.
- It means quiet time.
- Leisurely reading has been my hobby since my teen years.
- I feel connected to my younger self when I read.
- Learning should not stop when we leave school.
- Education is our greatest defense against tyranny.
- It can be both fun and challenging.
- holding a paperback can be just as thrilling as holding a plane ticket
“If you don’t like reading, then maybe you haven’t stumbled upon the right book yet,” said a friend recently, and it resonates.
Each genre offers something different. Each author’s voice is different. There are 500 page epic fantasy novels. There are comics and manga. There are bibliographies. There are self-help books. There are books that aim to make you feel specific emotions: afraid, hopeful, loved, surprised, aroused, etc. If you haven’t done so in a while, pick up a book and read.
By the way, there is a good chance that the tv show or movie you recently enjoyed is based on a book. ;-P
What do you think? Why do you read?
Welcome to A Book & A Baby.
This is a glimpse of my life as a new mom and writer.